Junior Quant / Analyst
We are looking for a passionate problem solver with a can-do attitude, who will help us in our mission to change the way investors make decisions. If you are driven by being part of a team that is at the forefront of innovation, and wanting to go that extra mile, then we may be just the team for you.
- Analysing trade, process, and emotional data to identify investors’ historical investment decisions and identify behavioural patterns and the root causes of such behaviour
- Help develop our thinking around how the analytical work we do can be further automated, and created into independent software propositions
- Explore new data sets and new analytical approaches we can use to help our clients identify the root causes of irrational behaviour
- Play an integral part in developing this early stage start-up’s operations and culture
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Highly proficient in Excel and VBA
- Proficiency in Python and data science toolkits including NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn etc.
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-means, k-NN, Random Forests, Decision Trees etc.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Has a genuine passion for investments and financial market
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Upper second class degree or higher from a quantitative program
The type of person we are looking for
- Inquisitive and passionate about learning new things
- Willing to roll-up your sleeves and get stuck in
- Take great pride in your work and the value you create for clients, the organisation and team you work with
- Thrive in a constantly evolving environment
- Wanting to go that extra mile to help this young firm and the team become successful for years to come
What we want to offer you in return
- The opportunity to work in a novel and fast developing segment across the investment industry, where you can instantly see the impact you have on your clients’ performance, and where you are really changing the way investment decisions are made
- The chance to work with senior investors, allowing you to learn how they make theirdecisions, their investment philosophies, investment processes and truly change the way they operate
- A chance to learn from a group of individuals with world leading experiences across investment classes, change management and behavioural science
- Some serious laughs through ups and downs
- A salary of £33,000+ dependent on previous experience
Starting your application process
To apply for this position, please be advised that you need to both:
The Online Numerical Assessment consists of 10 questions covering logical, statistical and mathematical concepts. The test is timed, and you will have a certain amount of time per question after which your answer will be automatically saved and you will be progressed to the next question.
There is no negative marking for wrong answers. You may also do it on your tablet or smartphone.
The test forms part of your application process but is not the sole determining factor of your outcome.
If this sounds like something for you or if you have any questions, then please reach out to us.
Please note that unfortunately, at this stage, we cannot offer visa sponsorships or compensate for travel from outside of the UK to one of our assessment centres.